Catch a Syracuse Chiefs home game while in town.
Nothing beats a good ol’ fashion baseball game in the summertime and with our convenient location to NBT Bank Stadium, our guests can enjoy just that. Head to the stadium to cheer on the Syracuse Chiefs, a minor league baseball team and the Triple-A affiliate of the Washington Nationals. It’s guaranteed to be a fun-filled afternoon. NBT Bank Stadium is one of the finest AAA ballparks in the country with over 11,000 seats, well, 11,117 seats to be exact.
With summer in full swing, there’s plenty of baseball to be played! If planning to visit with us this summer, catch a Syracuse Chiefs home game. Along with affordable tickets and sports merchandise shops, it’s the chance to see the Major League stars of tomorrow up close! It’s a must-see experience, especially if this is your first time visiting Syracuse. Here’s the 2017 schedule for the Syracuse Chiefs:
- vs. Pawtucket on July 13-16.
- vs. Louisville on July 24-30.
- vs. Rochester on August 4-6.
- vs. Durham on August 15-17.
- vs. Indianapolis on August 17-20.
- vs. Lehigh Valley on August 28-31.
- vs. Buffalo on September 1-4.
Purchase your tickets today. Traveling with a group? Group tickets are available! Bring a group of 15 or more for discounted tickets all located in the same area with various food options available!
A Syracuse Chiefs baseball game is one of our favorite events for the summer. If planning to attend a remaining home game this summer, we invite you to reserve a room with us at the Marriott Syracuse Downtownhttp://marriottsyracusedowntown.com/.
Our brand new guestrooms are designed to provide all the comforts of home. Enjoy the finest quality furniture and amenities during your stay. Located in the heart of Syracuse, we are an ideal hotel for both business and leisure travelers and of course, baseball fans of all ages!
History of the Marriott Syracuse Downtown, formerly Hotel Syracuse.
Every hotel tells a story.
Nowhere in Syracuse will you find a more historical hotel than the Marriott Syracuse Downtown. During our $74 million renovation and restoration, we have cultivated 261+ rooms and suites along with 3 ballrooms and 3 restaurants. From our Grand Ballroom’s sky mural ceiling to the original hare and bone floors, there is a story behind nearly every feature of our historic property. Today, we will share a bit of that story with you. If you have yet to visit, take a visual journey through the ins and outs of our property and learn the history of the Marriott Syracuse Downtown. It may inspire you to visit sometime in the not-so-distant future.
While entering our lobby you will find our original Terrazzo Flooring, along with our Chandeliers that have been restored to their natural beauty. Arguably, one of the most fascinating pieces of history is the 40-foot by 6-foot mural, located behind the front desk, depicting 20 key events during the first 100 years of Syracuse’s history. This mural was painted for the hotel by Carl Roters, a professor at Syracuse University’s College of Fine Arts. The painter and art restorer, Marek Mularski, of Auburn, Mass., cleaned decades worth of tobacco smoke and coal dust which had darkened the mural over the years, making it identical to how it looked back in 1949.Our lower lobby is home to many of our facilities, such as our IACC center, which was originally a church and then later converted into a Bingo hall. Our Eleven Waters Bar is also located on our lower lobby, too. During our renovation process, we found spouts on the walls! Where Eleven Waters Bar is located now is where the bathrooms used to be.
On the 10th floor is our Grand Ballroom. This famous event space at the Marriott Syracuse Downtown features the original 16-foot-tall Chandeliers, boasting over 2,000 Crystals on each one. The chandeliers have been carefully restored to their former glory. They were sent to Connecticut to be refurbished. At the Connecticut “Chandelier Spa” they used a machine to remove layers of paint that could take ink off a sheet of paper. They came back in two boxes, which had to be placed on a crane and sent up through the windows because they were too big for the elevators! While in our Grand Ballroom, look up and view 27-foot-high ceilings, beautifully crafted with a sky painted ceiling. Then look down to notice the original hare and bone floors!
Next, head to our Persian Terrace. The chandeliers are replicas of the originals as they were either too damaged or “walked off property” throughout the years. Yet, the murals in the middle are called Sirens, each Siren represents a season of the year. They were discovered after pulling down tile during the restoration!
Last but not least all of our guest corridors are finished with local company and beautifully crafted Stickley Audi Furniture. Thanks to our owner Ed Riley, the Marriott Syracuse Downtown boasts a brand new look but the memories remain unchanged.
Until next time,
The Marriott Syracuse Downtown
Celebrate the Fourth of July in Syracuse.
Can you believe that the Fourth of July is less than one week away? Either can we! If you’re still scratching your head, wondering what to do this Fourth of July, consider packing up your best patriotic outfit, booking a last-minute room and celebrating the Fourth of July here in Syracuse. Fireworks and live patriotic music will fill the air to help celebrate the holiday, making Syracuse NY the perfect destination this Fourth of July!
Symphoria Concert & Fourth of July Fireworks
July 4, 2017 at 8pm
Lakeview Amphitheater, Syracuse NY
Tickets are $10, and kids 18 years and younger are free of charge.
The Symphoria is celebrating Independence Day at Lakeview Amphitheater, highlighting Symphoria’s 2017 Summer Concert Series. With Sean O’Loughlin conducting the orchestra, with the Syracuse Pops Chorus, you will hear music from Disney movies, “Star Wars,” and “Pirates of the Caribbean.” In addition, patriotic music will fill the air to help celebrate the Fourth of July in Syracuse such as Morton Gould’s American Salute, John Williams’ Hymn to the Fallen, Tchaikovsky’s 1812 Overture. There will be also be a salute to the U. S. Armed Forces.
Celebrate the holiday at the Symphoria Concert & Fourth of July Fireworks in Syracuse! Parking opens at 5:00 p.m and the gates will open at 6:30 p.m. The Lakeview Amphitheater,490 Restoration Way, Syracuse NY 13209, is located just minutes away from us at the Marriott Syracuse Downtown.
If looking for hotels in Syracuse for the Fourth of July, we invite you to book your stay with us. We’re conveniently located near the Fourth of July event in Syracuse and the perfect place to rest your head after a long evening of celebrating!
From all of us here at the Marriott Syracuse Downtown, we’d like to wish you a very happy and safe Fourth of July!
Plenty of Summer Festivals and Concerts in Syracuse to fill your calendar!
In honor of the first day of summer, we’re sharing our favorite summer festivals in Syracuse, plus the best concerts taking place throughout these next few months! For concertgoers and music lovers, summer is the season of festivals. Check out what’s taking place near us at the Marriott Syracuse Downtown and begin filling your calendar with the best shows and festivals in Syracuse. The summer line-up will conclude with the Great New York State Fair. Begin planning your summer getaway today!
Upcoming music concerts at Lakeview Amphitheater in Syracuse:
- Jun 24 7:00 PM: Zac Brown Band
- Jun 25 8:00 PM: Bob Dylan
- Jun 30 8:00 PM: Third Eye Blind with Silversun Pickups
- Jul 4 8:00 PM: Symphoria Presents: Summer Concert Lakeview Amphitheater
- Jul 4 8:00 PM Symphoria July 4th Celebration
- Jul 11 7:30 PM: Foreigner, Cheap Trick & Jason Bonham’s Led Zeppelin Experience
- Jul 12 12:55 PM: 2017 Country Megaticket Tickets (Includes All Performances)
- Jul 13 10:00 AM: B104.7 Presents 2017 Country Megaticket
- Jul 13 7:00 PM: Lady Antebellum, Kelsea Ballerini & Brett Young
- Jul 13 7:30 PM: Lady Antebellum: You Look Good World Tour with K.Ballerini & B.Young
- Jul 14 6:00 PM: Kidz Bop Live!
- Jul 14 6:00 PM: Kidz Bop Kids
- Jul 15 6:45 PM: Incubus with Jimmy Eat World and Atlas Genius
- Jul 16 4:00 PM: Outlaw Music Festival (Willie Nelson, My Morning Jacket, Sheryl Crow)
- Jul 19 6:00 PM: K-Rockathon 2017
- Jul 19 6:00 PM: KROCKATHON featuring Korn, Stone Sour and more
- Jul 29 7:30 PM: Boston with Joan Jett and the Blackhearts
- Aug 5 7:00 PM: Kings of Leon & Nathaniel Rateliff and The Night Sweats
Upcoming summer festivals in Syracuse:
- 63rd Annual Syracuse Polish Festival: Friday, June 23 to Sunday, June 25 at Clinton Square.
- New York State Chinese Lantern Festival: Now through Sunday, June 25 at Empire Expo Center-NYS
- FairgroundsNYS Blues Fest 2017: Friday, July 7-Saturday, July 8 at Clinton Square
- City Market 2017: Sunday, July 9 at Everson Museum of Art PlazaPPG Syracuse
- Nationals Classic Car Show: Friday, July 14 to Sunday, July 16 at Empire Expo Center-NYS Fairgrounds
- Stage of Nations ECOfest: Friday July 28-Saturday July 29 at Hanover Square
47th Annual Syracuse Arts & Crafts Festival: Friday, July 28 to Sunday, July 30 at Columbus Circle
- City Market 2017: Sunday, August 13 at Everson Museum of Art Plaza
- Great New York State Fair: Wednesday, August 23 to Monday, September 4 at Empire Expo Center-NYS Fairgrounds
Host your Next Corporate Event at our Meeting Rooms in Syracuse NY.
No matter the size of your event, we feel you shouldn’t have to cut corners due to a limited budget. Our Pick Your Perks meeting promotion in Syracuse lets you pick the perks you want, based off your individual needs. Simply book your next group and/or event in one of our meeting rooms in Syracuse NY by September 30, 2017 and choose from the following perks below:
PICK ONE with a 20-39 room night group OR $3,000 catered event
PICK TWO with a 40-69 room night group OR $6,500 catered event
PICK THREE with a 70-99 room night group OR $8,000 catered event
PICK FOUR with a 100+ room night group OR $10,000 catered event
- 1 Complimentary Suite Upgrade with Concierge Lounge Access
- Double Marriott Event Planner Points
- Complimentary AM Break for 1 Day
- 1 Complimentary Room per 35 Paid Rooms/Consumed
- Complimentary Room Amenity for 3 People
- 2 Concierge upgrades with Lounge Access
- Complimentary Welcome Reception
- 10% off of Audio Visual
- 2% off Master Bill
Located in the heart of Syracuse, we offer over 30,000 square feet of meeting space, as well as an IACC approved conference center. We have expert catering and event specialists on-site to help ensure a seamless experience from beginning to end. We also offer the latest in A/V technology, as well as complimentary Wi-Fi in our conference center for all attendees.
Book your next event in one of our meeting rooms in Syracuse NY and enjoy the very best savings and perks. Plan your meeting with us today at the Marriott Syracuse Downtown.
Bookings must be for groups/events hosted by March 31, 2018. Offer is subject to availability and cannot be used in conjunction with other discounts or promotions. This promotion does not apply to existing bookings. Menu choices for AM Break and Reception do not include alcoholic beverages. Catered event prices are pre tax. *2% off master bill is from the pre-tax cost.