CNY Pride Week Events 2017.
The theme for the 2017 CNY Pride Week is “LOVE Is…” The LGBT community and their allies will come together to celebrate and affirm their individual sexual and gender identity at various events in and around Syracuse, including the annual Pride Parade and Festival. We’ve shared a list below of the CNY Pride events that will be taking place near our TAG-Approved hotel in Syracuse.
- Friday, June 9th: Big Gay Prom at the Sky Armory from 8:00pm-Midnight. Kick off CNY Pride Week at My Big Gay Prom, an evening that includes delicious sweet & savory bites, a Barefoot Sparkling Wine greet (21+), a raffle, and DJ entertainment.
- Monday, June 12th: Flag Raising at City Hall. Mayor Miner will raise the Pride flag at noon.
- Tuesday, June 13th: Inter Faith Service at 876 Dewitt St. Syracuse, NY 13203 at 7:00pm. All are welcome and encouraged to attend!
- Wednesday, June 14th: Pride Night with Syracuse Chiefs at NBT Bank Stadium. Tickets can be purchased online or in-person.
- Thursday, June 15th: Movie Night at Art Rage at 7:00pm. The film “Pride” will be showing ay Art Rage. Presented by CNY Pride and free and open to the public.
- Saturday, June 17th: Pride Parade and Festival at Inner Harbor in Syracuse. CNY Pride is proud to once again bring their celebration of the LGBTQ communities to the Syracuse Inner Harbor. The festival reaches well over 4500 people every year, last year setting record attendance. There will be a variety of food, entertainment and vendors for you to enjoy!
- Saturday, June 17th: Gay 5k at the Long Branch Park from 9:00am-1:00pm. The CNY 5k is a community-run, family-friendly event designed to celebrate our Central New York community and raise funds for local LGBT non-profits.
The Marriott Syracuse Downtown is proud to be a TAG-Approved hotel in Syracuse. There are many factors that qualify us to be TAG-Approved, including enforcing non-discriminatory policies, treating heterosexual and domestic partners equally in personnel policies, providing LGBT diversity and sensitivity training for employees, empowering customers and employees to be “watchdogs” of its gay and lesbian business practices, giving back to our community and employing staff members who reflect the diversity of our community.
If you’re looking for hotels for the CNY Pride Week Events 2017, we invite you to book your stay with us at the Marriott Syracuse Downtown.