The NYS Fair 2018 promises 13 days full of family fun for the over 1,000,000 guests who are expected to attend!
What’s happening in Syracuse between Wednesday, August 22 through Monday, September 3 is only the most highly-anticipated event in the area all year. 1,000,000 million attendees cannot be wrong – The New York State Fair 2018 is the only place to end your summer! Here are 13 reasons why you should join us for this 13-day extravaganza of family fun!
- The Great New York State Fair is the oldest in the US! The State Fair in Syracuse is still standing after 177 years!
- New York State pride! Now’s the time for Downtown Syracuse, not New York City, to take the spotlight!
- No subways? No problem! The NYS Fair 2018 is in CENTRAL NY and easily accessible by car (Thruway), boat (Canalway), and train (Amtrack).
- The Marriott Syracuse Downtown is only five miles away! Our comfortable accommodations and convenient location make us your perfect home for this event.
- Two words: pig races! Some NYS Fair traditions need to be seen to be believed.
- See the “miracle of life”! Another fair tradition: live cow births. (i.e. see above description).
- Butter’s not just for bread! The butter sculptures are truly “fat” pieces of art!
- Drink a cup of milk for a quarter! Talk about doing the body good!
- The midway rides get better every year! From Kiddie Land to terrifying thrill rides, there’s something for everyone!
- Discover our diverse history. The Pan-African Village is a hidden gem focusing on New York’s African-American history.
- The music will never die! With a variety of venues, the fair will always be rocking with sweet tunes!
- Food, glorious food! No Fair is complete without the most indulgent (and usually deep-fried) carnival eats!
- Did we mention the Marriott Syracuse Downtown Hotel is only five miles away?