Putting your wedding planning schedule together was never easier than with our basic tips for your Big Day!
Once the bliss of “saying Yes!” settles in, it’s time to get down to the nitty-gritty of your recent engagement: planning the wedding! As one of the premier wedding destinations in Central NY, the Marriott Syracuse Downtown has put together a basic wedding planning checklist to keep that blissful feeling going right up until the moment you say “I Do!”
Look at the Big Picture (Just Engaged)
- Decide, in general, what you both envision for your big day.
- Discuss cultural and familial traditions, budget, and of course, the guest list.
Pick Your Venue (A Year Before…)
- The top wedding venues can book up months, if not years, in advance.
- Be sure to do your research. This may include deciding upon a certain time of year that best fits your desired location, or compromise to be able to celebrate your nuptials at your first choice.
- Make sure to ask every question you have of your prospective venues such as preferred vendors, catering policies, and even if they have a wedding planner on hand (all things that we are happy to provide our brides and grooms-to-be).
Lights, Camera… Action! (10 Months To Go)
- Now’s the time to sure-up all of the details that go into making your ceremony everything you always dreamed of.
- Order and send out the invitations.
- Get working on your vows.
- Pick your attire and schedule the fittings.
- Plan the menu for the wedding reception.
- Some of these may seem early, but these details should be “ironed out” at least three months before the walk down the aisle (and time will start to pass more quickly than you had imagined).
Take Care of Loose Ends (3 More Months!)
- Have your marriage license?
- Need lodging arrangements for your guests?
- How about that honeymoon?
- Any loose ends that need “tightening” should be done at least a month before your ceremony.
Enjoy Your Wedding Day!
Have a wonderful time and toast your new marriage (along with all the planning that went into making this day everything that you wanted it to be!).